Sunday, February 1, 2009

"I Know That Monkey, His Name is Donkey!"

Ok, well, I don't have a character or event to musicalize today.

I have something WAY better.

Back in the 90's, Fox Kids decided that it'd be a good idea to make a CGI cartoon of Donkey Kong Country to appeal to the masses of children on Saturday mornings and their love of video games.

Ok fair enough.  But they had another idea, too.

Let's have DK and the crew sing!

(Wait... sing!?)

Yes, sing.  There are about two seasons of Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Cranky Kong, and our dear King K. Rool getting their groove on in really bad 90's computer animated graphics.

And yes, I love it.  I won't bore you with my own opinions, I'll let you make them for yourselves.  This is just too special not to love.






Ok, was anyone else aware that Donkey Kong was a soulful tenor?  Did I miss the memo?





This song is my favorite.  I can't even believe a song like this exists.




Was the Big Bog Monster a boss in Donkey Kong Country...?




And before you all ask, yes.  King K. Rool was singing metal.  ...oh man.



I hope I didn't destroy your collective childhoods.

Well, that's a lie.

6 comments:

  1. "I hope I didn't destroy your collective childhoods."

    Oh, don't worry, A-man. You haven't destroyed mine. YOU MUTILATED THE DEAD CORPSE AFTER IT DIED OF HEART FAILURE!!! Oh my gaaaaawd, this is... woah. That's the only word I have for now, haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, it's sad that songs from this show make up about half of my youtube favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, how did you even FIND these!? *guiltily watches more* Why are these so addicting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you think less of me if I told you I have this entire movie on VHS?

    ReplyDelete
  5. *gasp!!!* I LOVE THIS SHOW! I used to watch it constantly when I was like eight, to a point that I have the movie completely memorized. >_<

    And then my mom sold the video on EBAY!! T_T I was so depressed buuuut then I found Zelda :3 Then all was well

    ReplyDelete
  6. A-Man. You are SO my hero. :3

    Seriously, Shawni!? Gosh, am I outta the loop or what!? I guess I need to look for these because I fail... lol. (OH GOSH. THE ZELDA SHOW. Don't even get me started on that one...)

    ReplyDelete